- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown meat with onion in a LARGE saucepan. Add garlic and cook one minute longer, then drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Drain macaroni and stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Top with cheese and jalapenos. Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
- Serve one casserole. Cool the second casserole, cover and freeze up to 3 months.
*TO USE FROZEN CASSEROLE: Thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Cover and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
❤ Amanda Bonds