- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce (didn’t have any so I used 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Chives, sour cream, pico de gallo (for toppings)
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, drain. Stir in cheese, salsa, chilies, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt, and cumin.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate into 12 rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets; press perforations to seal. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring four corners to the center and pinch to seal.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with garnishes.
Makes 12 hot taco pockets, which are pretty filling (I could only eat two). Leftovers can be frozen in a heavy-duty freezer bag. To use frozen taco pockets, bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
❤ Amanda Bonds