- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In heavy-bottomed 2 quart pot, combine sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Gradually stir in the water. Stir until well combined.
- Set over medium heat; stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.l Boil three minutes, stirring frequently with whisk and reducing heat if syrup threatens to boil over. Remove from heat; pour into heatproof 4 cup measure or pitcher. Cool briefly.
- Cool on counter (uncovered) until room temperature, strain through fine strainer into container of 2-1/2 cup capacity. Stir in vanilla.
- Store, covered, in refrigerator.
(As a side note, I did not strain the chocolate sauce through a fine strainer. Mine was thick, but not really lumpy at all. It was perfect without straining!) Enjoy! 🙂 ❤ Christina Kirtley
This recipe was adapted from a recipe I found online on food.com: