1 medium onion
1 1/2 tsp. butter
4 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 2 whole chicken breasts)
1 can cream of mushroom (or cream of chicken) soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
8 biscuits (I usually buy the refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease the bottom and sides of an 9 by13 baking dish.
2. Chop onion. Heat butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat until melted; add onion and saute until tender.
3. Combine onion, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, and milk into a medium bowl and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese. Arrange biscuits in single layer over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
5. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer.
❤ Crystal Barnhill