- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1-½ Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1-2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1-2 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (white Or Brown)
- 3 whole Tortillas (burrito Size)
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- Sour Cream
preheat oven to 375°
– Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
– Add chopped onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes)
– mix all spices in a small bowl (this step is not required, I just like mixing them before hand for even distribution in cooking)
– Add ground turkey to cooked onions and add spice mixture.
– Break up ground turkey and cook completely until browned.
– Taste mixture and add salt/pepper as needed.
– Add black beans and rice to ground turkey and mix well.
– Using a pie pan, put a layer of salsa on the bottom (about 1/4 cup.)
– place a tortilla over the salsa.
– sprinkle cheese over tortilla.
– spoon meat/bean/rice mixture over cheese layer.
– repeat layers once more starting with salsa and then end with a tortilla and remaining cheese on top.
– Place in the oven for 12 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
– Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes to make the tortilla and cheese a little crispy on top.
– Finish off with chopped green onion.
– Slice and serve with sour cream and extra salsa and tortilla chips. Enjoy!
❤ Kimberly Knutowski