- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, spinach, feta cheese, and garlic until …well blended. Set aside.
- Carefully butterfly chicken breasts, making sure not to cut all the way through. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts. Wrap each with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place in shallow baking dish. Cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Yield: 4 servings
*FYI, I thought baking it for 1 hour was maybe a bit long…might be best to try 40- 45 min instead. Oh and after reading a few of the ‘reviews’ on this I decided to mix a little olive oil, lemon juice (maybe about 2 TBS of each) and pour over chicken, then sprinkle some garlic salt, pepper and oregano on top before putting in oven. Really added to the flavor!! ❤ Anna Burud