- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan.
- In a small pan over low h…eat, melt the butter or margarine. In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 2 cups quick cooking oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and melted butter or margarine. Mix until crumbly. Press half of mixture (about 2-1/2 cups) in the greased pan. Set aside the rest. Bake for 8 minutes.
- In a small pan over medium heat, combine caramel topping and 1/2 cup flour. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Still stirring constantly, boil for 2 or 3 minutes until slightly thickened. Spread apples and nuts onto the baked crust. Pour hot caramel mixture evenly over apples and nuts. Sprinkle reserved crumbly mixture evenly over the top.
- Return pan to oven. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan. Cut into bars. (Refrigeration makes cutting easier). Store tightly covered.
❤ Anna Burud