- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 or 2 chopped green onions (my husband doesn’t like onion but when I use green onions he never notices they are there)
- 1 pound fresh small portabella mushrooms, halved
- 1 (1.61-ounce) package brown gravy mix (2 packets of McCormick)
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked egg noodles or rice or Mash potatoes
Place first 3 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Whisk together gravy mix and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over beef and vegetables. Add bay leaf.
Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles, rice or mash potatoes. (over mashed potatoes is yummiest!)
To make the sauce thicker: After 6 hour cook time. Remove meat and mushrooms from crock pot and set aside. Pour sauce in a large skillet and heat on medium. Mix together 1 tablespoon of corn starch with a small amount of cold water (just enough to dilute the corn starch) Add mix to sauce and stir till thickened. Add more corn starch water mix till sauce is thickened to desire. Add meat to sauce, stir and serve over noodles, rice or mash potatoes.
❤ Natalie Veatch