12″ Skillet Lasagna – you’ll never cook lasagna the other way again!
1 jar (24-26 oz) marinara sauce
3 cups water
8 oz lasagna noodles
1 lb bulk hot Italian turkey sausage or sausage links, casings removed (I just use ground sausage or turkey sausage)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 oz Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Additional grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Combine sauce and water in 12-in. Skillet. Cover; bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, wrap noodles in clean kitchen towel and break crosswise into quarters. Stir noodles into sauce. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 16-18 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. As noodles cook, place sausage into (10-in./25-cm) Skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles using Mix ‘N Chop. Add pressed garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir sausage into noodles and sauce.
4. Meanwhile, grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Chop parsley using Santoku Knife; set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) parsley for garnish. Combine cheeses, remaining parsley and black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl. Scoop cheese mixture over noodles using Medium Scoop. Cover Skillet and simmer gently 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and ricotta mixture is heated through.
5. To serve, sprinkle lasagna with reserved parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
❤ Lori Lohrmann